It’s dry here in Vegas. We go through body lotion and lip balm faster than water.
I don’t ask a lot from my body lotion: just to, you know, make my skin glow, smell nice, feel good, absorb fast and not cost a moisturized arm and a leg. Pretty reasonable, I think.
Nothing is more frustrating than when you buy a tube or jar of body lotion and get it home only to find it isn’t moisturizing anything, smells like nothing or that it doesn’t absorb and is so thick it causes you to sweat even more!
Over the years I have conducted some SERIOUS body lotion research. Every-time I pass one I give it a pump, squirt or dab. I have rubbed on everything from Drugstore brands to luxe department store brands and here are my results……
I have put together a list of my top rated most slather-worthy body lotions that are perfect for quenching dry summer skin and leaving you feeling totally lotion satisfied.
- Brazilian Bum Bum Cream- One of my new discoveries…This smells AMAZING! It may be the best scented body lotion EVER. It is formulated without animal by-products, propylene glycol, synthetic colors, PEGs, and petrolatum- basically no chemical nasties. It was created to use on the derrière aka your bum bum, to tighten smooth and firm but I slather this stuff all over my body. The secret ingredient is Guaraná, an Amazonian plant that contains one a potent form of caffeine that energizes and tightens your skin. After applying your skins feels supple, hydrated and oh so tropical. Well worth its heavy hitter price tag of $45 for 2.5 fl oz.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851‘Creme de Corps’ Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter. One of my all time fav’s. A must-have to keep skin feeling softer and hydrated, Kiehl’s Whipped Body Butter quickly absorbs into the skin and will have you feeling moisturized all day. This addictively scented luxurious air-whipped body butter delivers rich hydration for up to 24 hours. Ideal as an everyday body cream, instantly restore, protect and soften skin with the ultra-light formula. Contains no parabens, glycols or silicones and 1 jar lasts forever! (8 oz $48).
- Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Moisturizer, Coconut. Made in small batches by a family-owned company in Boulder, Colorado, Skin Trip absorbs fast with a soothing blend of coconut oil, aloe vera, and lanolin. It instantly soaks in, leaving no greasy, slippery mess behind and has a light fresh coconut scent. I seriously think this lotion creates the softest skin ever. Great price-point at just around $8 for a 8 oz bottle.
- NUXE Prodigieux Body Lotion. French brand NUXE is a Beauty Blogger Sweetheart. This Yummy smelling lotion has the same scent as their iconic body oil. Contains Plant extracts of Macadamia, Hazelnut, Borrage,Almond, Camellia and St. John’s Wort, it nourishes, repairs and softens skin. ($20 6.7 oz)
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter- Kick it old school with this tried and true body lotion. It has been around FOREVER and is probably the most luxurious moisturizer you can buy in a drugstore. It’s super creamy, melts into your skin completely, leaving it smooth and silky. It has a ridiculously pocket friendly price point (just $7.49 for 10.5 fl oz) Has a light delicious coconut scent that isn’t over powering and is great for nourishing skin on pregnant bellies, helping with dryness, itchiness and stretch marks.
Want to slather yourself in the goodness of these products? Click below to SHOP the POST: