This Fall Designers are turning the fashion dial back to the 80s and 90s.
It’s time to bust out those acid washed jeans, dust off those over sized denim jackets, reclaim those forgotten Reebok’s and get ready to take bold shoulders and retro-hued colorblocking to the next level.
Over the past few seasons the 80s/90s inspired movement has been gaining steam in street-style circles but for Fall 2018 designers across the board from Marc Jacobs to Miu Miu, Prada to Gucci have gone full on retro and it’s kind of a magical mash-up of the best of both decades.
For the Fall 2018 Retro Trend think draping yourself in iridescent foil fabrics, neon, and glammed-up evening looks paired with combat boots, plaids and hoop earrings while you embrace the season of retro excess.
Out of the sea of trends for the two decades a few stood out as easy wearable must-haves, so I put together a quick “Style Cheat Sheet” for you to get you ahead of the trends and ready for Fall 2018.
Shopping IT list for Fall 2018:
- Customized denim jackets- If you didn’t have an oversize denim jacket covered in airbrushed art, pins, or patches in the ’80s, you probably were doing something wrong. Cut to over two decades later, and bold denim is totally back. Whether you score a legit style from the ’80s, or customize your own, make sure the denim’s not too dark, and the cut is fairly oversized.
- Retro Sneakers– Reebok has made a MAJOR comeback thanks to a HUGE boost from celebs and street-style stars. The Classic 80s kicks are so in demand that stores can’t seem to keep them in stock. If you don’t already own a pair. Get them NOW and thank me later!
- Hair Scrunchies– The ‘90s staple! Everyone wore them, whether in your hair or on your wrist. They are so Lisa Turtle from Saved By the Bell! They took a dip in popularity a la the Sex and the City scrunchie episode, but now they’re back with a vengeance. You don’t have to wear them like you did in the 90s. Think modern revamped versions wrapped around pony’s, buns or in that oh so effortless “hun” style (1/2 up 1/2 down bun).
- 90’s Vintage Floral Dresses- Can you believe that the 90s are considered VINTAGE now? WOW I feel old. Well if you didn’t hold on to those 90s floral frocks ala Benny and Joon hit the thrift shops, start poppin’ some tags and score one ASAP. They are are must for layering in Fall 2018.
- Bandanas- In the 90s Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, and even the Olsen twins could often be spotted with a bandana in their hair. These days, they’re making a swift comeback, whether its in your hair or around your neck a bandana will instantly up your cool factor this season.
What I’m Wearing: McDonalds Uber Eats #McDelivery Promo Oversized Denim Jacket ( **McDelivery Day swag items are no longer available. Delivery Day took place, July 19th and while they have run out of the swag because customers absolutely snatched up the 90’s throwback collection, you never know when McDonald’s might be popping up again with surprise items! Who knows what UberEats x McDonalds might come up with next visit McDeliveryatMcDonalds.com for more information| Marc Jacobs Retro Vintage Aviator Sunglasses | Reebok Classic Run Retro Sneakers | Vintage Dress | Vintage Handbag from StillettosandSinCity | Hair Scrunchie | X the Band Bandana |
***Did you know that McDonalds just launched #McDelivery with Uber Eats and it’s so easy! Download the Uber Eats App, place your order and you’ll be snacking on McD’s classic fries in no time!
Click to SHOP some of my favorite So-Retro pieces for Fall 2018: