After a summer filled with carefree tinted moisturizers and sugary bubblegum color palettes Fall is the time to return to more savory, polished and sophisticated shades.
Fall is when your makeup needs to #ADULT.
The cherry reds of summer turn to deeper more provocative hues, nails get a moody statement making update and rich full coverage foundation takes the place of light summer BB creams.
I am currently crushing on 5 Fall beauty must-haves that will seduce you into fall beauty adulting and are sure to become products you can’t live without.
1. Sephora Collection Eye-shadow Filter Palette. This technology motivated eye-shadow palette features 10 shades inspired by photo filtering effects. Hello Instagram! These easy to wear and easy to pair shadows include Walking in the Sand, Selfie, #tbt, Swell, Latergram, Whitewashed, Sandy Toes, Desert Rose, Swan Song and Secret Boudoir.
2. Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Tenderoni. You saw this on me in my LOTD: Navy and Black post. I am completely OBSESSED with this shade! It is the perfect marriage of taupe and gray. The new ultra wearable neutral! Smith & Cult polishes are designed for high performance (they resist chipping) smooth application and deliver high shine PLUS the polishes are 5 FREE which means none of those chemical nasties you get from other brands.
3. Steven Klein x NARS Killer Shine Lip Gloss in Special Force. One of my favorites from photographer Steven Klein’s recent edgy collaboration with beauty visionary NARS. This limited edition lip gloss is fully loaded with a new vinyl finish formula which makes the color shine brighter and last longer. A rich deep sexy red, it applies slightly tacky- so windy days beware- but the color and shine payoff is worth it. It is so bright and so shiny that it literally could compete for shine with Cat Woman’s Vinyl Bodysuit.
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(marc)able Full Coverage Foundation in Bisque Light. Probably one of the top 5 foundations I have tried. It is ultra-lightweight and oil-free yet delivers 24 hours of full-coverage wear. You only need a small amount- a little goes a long way with this concentrated formula. From just a few tiny drops you get a flawless airbrushed-esc finish.
5. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist. I am a firm believer in hydrating mists and this is my #1, can’t live without, must-have mist. It contains ZERO alcohol (which many other mists have) and is packed full of skin boosters such as Orange Blossom, Rose and Sage waters, Apple Pectin and Hungarian Thermal Water. It hydrates, soothes and restores suppleness to skin plus it smells amazing (a luscious blend of neroli and rose). I use after cleansing and as a setting spray- actually anytime I get a chance to spritz my face with this amazing elixir I take it.
Want to try these Fall Beauty Must-Have’s for Yourself?
Click below to SHOP the POST: