While runways in New York this week are reveling in Fall 2013’s collections, retail spots across the country are just now starting to deliver Spring 2013.
Between watching those Fall 2013 catwalk webcasts take a break for a refresher course on what you’ll need this Spring/Summer, after all the Spring shows were 6 months ago……….
Spring 2013 Must Have’s
- Black and White. The strongest statements this season are to be made in black and white. From polka dots and checks to color blocking, graphic prints and zig zags this season you’ll prove you don’t always dream in color. Style Tip: Add a pop of color with accessories to punch your look up a notch.
(above: Black and White at Nanette Lepore)
- It’s Electric. Bright, bold color. It’s like pigments on steroids. This season if its bright, its right. Style Tip: Keep it chic with nude nails, a nude heel and handbag, although color is trending you don’t need to blind anyone with your style.
(above: It’s Electric at Diane von Furstenberg)
- World Traveler. Prints, textures and silhouettes gathered from far off lands. A modern Boho-mix. Style Tip: Boho looks are always a summer fav of fashionistas. Avoid the hippie look and opt for pieces that have a sophisticated edge. Try pairing patterns in the same color palette and add a little denim.
(above: World Traveler at Tory Burch)
- Summer Leather. Yes you heard me correctly, summer leather. Style Tip: Select pieces that give a suggestion of leather and don’t leave you sweating the night away! Say no to catsuits and try a skater skirt or pants with leather insets.
(above: Summer Leather at Jason Wu)
- Boudoir Babe. Sheer, lace and delicate fabrics usually reserved for the bedroom make their way to dresses, gowns and deliciously delicate blouses. Style Tip: A little goes a long way. Don’t do head to toe lace. Tame that boudoir look with ladylike accessories.
(above: lace at BCBG MAXAZRIA)
- Pencil Skirts and Dresses. One of the most feminine shapes returns this season. Style Tip: Just about everyone looks fab in a pencil skirt. Try paring it with a cropped sweater, something that hits just at the waist to show your curves.
(above: pencil skirts at Marc Jacobs)
- Happy Shiny People. Shine, reflection and iridescence are the fabrics that are making designers happy this season. Style Tip: don’t over-do it. If the dress is shiny stay more reserved with the shoes and handbag.
(above: Shiny Happy People at Burberry Prorsum)
- 90s Nostalgia. Novelty & ironic sweatshirts, high waisted trousers, Doc Martins and baggy jeans round out this trend. Think Grunge Couture. Style Tip: add a collared shirt under that sweatshirt to give it a little Je ne sais quoi.
(above: 90s Nostalgia at Ashish)
Shop The Trends. I have scoured the web to bring you some of Springs Hottest Trends in one concise affordable spot.
Click to Shop.