The biggest statement accessory this season is right at your fingertips!
Bold nail looks add a punch to any ensemble and can spice up even the most boring casual look.
Here are the Top 6 nail trends for Summer/Fall.
1. Toss the Gloss ladies! Matte is Back! Get rid of those glossy polishes. Fashion is moving forward with an ultra modern Matte look. My favorite Matte line is Manglaze http://www.manglaze.com/ , the “Originators” of matte polish. I spoke with Marc from Manglaze and here is what he had to say about the Matte Trend, ” I think its great that the industry has discovered that besides just color, there is a whole world of textures people would like to consider on their nails. You still get the mall masses who can only appreciate glossy but some really cool chicks and a bunch of guys really appreciate some more hard core finishes”. Manglaze is worn by about 50/50 men/women. Packaged in super cool bottles with punk rock/indie label style graphics, the colors have great names like “Fuggen Ugly Matte Grey” and “Matte is Murder Matte Black”, that make you proud to tell someone the name of the shade you have on!
(above: Manglaze “Fuggen Ugly” matte grey polish)
2. Say au revoir to boring French manicures and welcome in the “New Moon”. Moon manicures (also known as the “Gatsby”) were originally popular on silver screen stars in the 1920s and 1930s. This classic sophisticated look is BACK! Polish is applied to the nail but not to the moon, creating a chic retro inspired look. Can also be done in a two tone style with the moon one color and the rest of the nail another. (to get a “perfect” moon manicure make an appointment with Tricia Mesa at 702.395.6665 ext. 119)
(above: Moon Manicure by Tricia Mesa for Ceasars Player Magazine)
3. Step back Black! Grey is the new “it” color for nails. Softer than black but just as edgy. Grey nails made a huge showing at New Yorks Fashion Week and all the Celebs are rocking this trend. From graphite to dove and the new color “griege”, grey nails definitely make a statement.
(above: Lilly Allen in Chanel’s Griege color “Particuliere”)
4. Sparkle. Sparkle. Sparkle. Glitter polishes will shine you through summer and into fall! Who doesn’t feel great in something sparkly and bonus, they last a VERY long time! My favorite is Deborah Lippman “Happy Birthday”, its a party in a bottle. http://lippmanncollection.com/07/LC007_index.html
(above: Deborah Lippman “Happy Birthday”)
5. Feeling Blue? In general all blue hues are hip. Celebrities are going crazy for it! For summer I am loving the turquoise and teals. They create a fresh, sophisticated and trendy look! According to Neiman Marcus NARS “Blue Lagoon” from the Vintage Polish Collection is the NOW color that they can barely keep stocked!
6. Vibrant Red. Red nails are another must-have this season. Red is the classic color that will never lose its charm. Whether you choose a powerful and elegant classic red or a more youthful one like coral red, red nail polish is one of the hottest trends when it comes to nail polish. Selecting the perfect shade of red can be difficult so I spoke with the folks at Deborah Lippman and here is what Deborah has to say about red nails, ” Here is my rule of thumb: Think about if you’re going to wear a lip shade, try to use what would look good on your face when looking for your nail color. In the summer a lot of us like to tan, which you shouldn’t do. But if you have an olive tone to your skin during the summer months than an orange red will look better on that skin tone. A blue or more blood red is better if you have a pale/pink skin tone. A person with darker skin can wear almost any shade, colors on dark skin don’t make as much of a statement as they do on light skin tones. Remember when wearing red polish in these modern times it is never necessary to wear your nails long. It is however necessary for the length to be the same. A rounder tip is more modern on a short nail. A slightly almond shape on a slightly longer nail is very chic.” I am in love Deborah Lippmans “Supermodel”. A shade that was created with model Dree Hemingway. http://lippmanncollection.com/07/LC007_index.html
(above: Deborah Lippman “Supermodel”)
The Rockin’ folks at Manglaze have partnered with me on a great promotion! We will be giving away a set of their entire line!
All you have to do to ENTER is leave a comment on this blog post (scroll back up to the top of this page and click on the comment icon) between June 14 and June 18, telling me how you put a little “polish” on your look, along with your email address so that I can contact you if you win.
The product will ship within 30 days (they are waiting for their new and out of stock colors to come in, so you will be one of the first to have them!)
MORE GIVEAWAYS TO COME!
Keep up with my Blog June 18-21 I will be running a giveaway Promotion with Deborah Lippman and 1 lucky reader will win a bottle of “Supermodel”!!!
Good Luck and thanks for reading!