Bougie dressing is “IT” for Fall 2019.
The trend/style is led by French classic brands like Celine and Balenciaga but is being appropriated by literally every brand on the block. FENDI I see you with your AMAZING Bow tie blouses this season!
Sophisticatedly pretty, classically chic and perfectly posh with an easy elegance it’s no wonder fashion is saying “Oui” to the Bourgeoisie style.
At its heart, ‘bougie dressing’ is a new iteration of the kind of ‘French-girl dressing’ most of us try to emulate, nostalgically classic but totally fancified.
The bougie or the bourgeoise style from Paris is all about wearing accentuated classic pieces in layers dominated by a silhouette inspired by the 70s style of Parisian high class.
It’s about building the kind of ensemble you might imagine a French aristocrat wearing to work in an art studio in Paris in the 1970s, evoking that, at any minute you could be sporting a basket full of flowers and a baguette from the market while riding a bike and sipping wine.
Bougie dressing builds on a classic silhouette by layering in some simple yet key pieces. To get the look there are five easy add-on’s that will totally BOUGIE you up for the season.
- Print Scarf- opt for a heritage print something with a classic Hermes type feel. Tie in a luxe bow around your neck and don’t be afraid to go big!
- Boxy Blazer- a classic blazer always adds some class to a look. Go for luxe fabrics like boucle, linen or wool.
- Hat- again go classic. Think Fedora or a wide brim felt chapeau.
- Top Handle Handbag- is there anything MORE bougie that a top handle bag? I think not!
- Belt- remember you want a classic simple silhouette so make sure everything is neat and tidy by securing it with a belt.
What I’m Wearing: Scotch & Soda Fedora | Roberto Cavalli Blazer | Kate Moss for TOPSHOP Scarf | Vintage Dress | Vintage Handbag | Nordstrom Belt |
Click to SHOP some pieces that will add just the right amount of Bougie to your Look: