My readers have spoken (through multiple emails, tweets, Facebook messages and on photo shoots) and what they want is more Model Boot Camp!
So here you go!
I have mentioned in previous posts about how models should have this or that in their Model Bag, readers have asked, “Exactly what should be in these Model Bags and what are they”?
A Model Bag is a suitcase or duffel that you ALWAYS have with you (no matter what type of shoot you are on. Even if you are told to bring nothing, you still bring this bag!).
Inside the Model Bag are essentials you need for shoots. Sometimes you are asked to bring more, like specific clothing, but these are the basic items you should always have!
Model Bags contain separate items than the ones you use (for personal use) in daily life, in other words: the heels you wore whoring it up at the nightclub last night that are all sticky from alcohol and who knows what else on the floor should not be in here. The items in this bag should be in relatively new condition. These are tools of your trade!
The bag should always be well stocked with a variety of shoes, under garments, healthy snacks, and personal hygiene essentials.
I’ve put together images of 2 sample bags: One for the Guys and one for the Gals with some of my favorite products! (For those of you that aren’t models these products are still big helpers to get you through your day! Keep them in your handbag, gym bag or desk drawer!)
Kids its time to Pack your Bags with my TOP rated products!
1. You need an easy to carry spacious bag to put everything in. Do NOT show up to a shoot with your items waded up in a grocery bag! “Stag Bag” duffel from American Apparel.
2. When you finish a shoot its always nice to be able to wash the makeup off before heading out the door, especially for guys! Rodial Glam Balm Makeup Remover Wipes. Ideal for delicately removing all traces of makeup from the face, lips and around the eyes. Natural, luxurious and paraben-free. www.beauty.com LOVE these! Your skin feels soft and clean after use! http://www.drugstore.com/beauty.asp?catid=9730
3. You always need deodorant touch-ups throughout the day especially under the hot lights of a photoshoot or outdoors! Kiehls product is great for shoots because its unscented and leaves no residue, nothing to get on the clothing! Kiehls Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream. An unscented, extremely gentle, yet efficient antiperspirant and deodorant cream offering unique skin care benefits. Leaves skin feeling soft, soothed and conditioned with 24-hour protection against sweat and odor. Reduces underarm perspiration utilizing advanced micro-sized drying molecules for sheer absorption with no residue. Available at Neiman Marcus or at http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/home/index.aspx
4. On long shoots you need to keep the energy up! I love Zizzazz because it doesn’t give you the upset stomach most energy drinks do and you don’t have a crash from it! Zizzazz Energy Mix. Comes in four great tasting fruit flavors and is a low calorie, vitamin fortified energy powder which can be eaten straight from the stick like candy or mixed with water to make a great tasting energy drink. As it has less than one gram of sugar, there is no crash that is associated with typical energy drinks. http://zizzazz.com/
5 and 6 . Always have both a black and brown belt in your bag! Brown Leather Belt by Salvatore Ferragamo. Black Slim Belt Topman.com http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=13051&catalogId=33059
7. Black socks are a must-have in your bag! Black Dress socks by Calvin Klein.
8 and 9. Just like the black and brown belts you need black and brown dress shoes! Brown Classic Brogue shoe topman.com Black lace-up shoe topman.com
10. It’s essential to carry both undershirts and tanks in your bag, these will help control sweat on set, no one wants to be shot with bologna slices under their arms! White undershirt by Hanes.
11. Most of the time you aren’t allowed to walk distances in the shoes for a shoot. Always have flip flops in your bag to wear to and from set. Men’s flip-flop by Havaianas.
12. Take care of your skin when shooting in the sun. I love Ocean Potion because it gives great protection and smells like a yummy Orangesicle, none of that typical stink associated with sunscreens! Ocean Potion 50SPF Broad Spectrum Anti-aging Sunscreen. Available at most drug stores. http://www.opotion.com/
13. You never know when you’ll need to shave on a shoot. I love this sleek travel shaver both for power and compactability! Braun Mobile Shave M-90. You don’t have to fear your afternoon beard shadow any longer. With Braun’s new MobileShave it’s easy and convenient to restore a freshly groomed appearance whenever and wherever you need to look your best. Compact size and powered by 2 AA batteries. http://www.braun.com/us/series-shavers/mobileshave/mobileshave-models.html
1.You need a spacious bag to put everything in, so why not make it a cute one! Denim Shiny Duffel by American Apparel.
2. When you finish a shoot its always nice to be able to wash the makeup off before heading out the door. Who wants to stop to get gas with “editorial” makeup on! Rodial Glam Balm Makeup Remover Wipes. Ideal for delicately removing all traces of makeup from the face, lips and around the eyes. Natural, luxurious and paraben-free. www.beauty.com http://www.drugstore.com/beauty.asp?catid=9730
3. You always need to bring your makeup to a shoot “just in case” and the cool-it caddy is amazing! No more melted make-up! Working in Las Vegas I am in Love with this product! Cool-it Caddy. Revolutionary Cool-it Caddy™ “grab and go” clutch bag conveniently travels with you in high temperatures keeping your costly beauty products protected from “heat meltdown”. Simply freeze, grab and go. No need to place a gel pack or ice pack into the bag. Cool-it Caddy™ has the coolant integrated into the design. Your items stay cool as the temperature rises.
4, 5, 6. Always, Always have nude, black and metallic heels in you bag! Nude Tribute Heel by YSL, Black Suede Mary Jane by YSL,Gold Caryssa Pump by Steve Madden.
7. Make sure you have a nude strapless bra that is smooth, no lace or jewels. This one is perfect! Papillion Nude Strapless Bra by Cosabella. (and ladies an old white one that has turned gray does not count as “nude”, ewe.) http://cosabella.com/
8. One of my Favorite secret stylist tools! Shibue Couture Stylist on the Go Kit. Contains a strapless panty, cover ups, silicone cover ups and adhesive strips. http://www.shibuecouture.com/
9. You never know when you are going to get a snack or what it will be on set. Its a good idea to keep a healthy snack like Julie Anne’s Super Delicious granola in your bag! Julie Annes All Natural Granola. The perfect combination of crunchy clusters and tart dried fruit makes Julie Anne’s granola ideal. Available at Whole Foods or at http://www.julieannes.com/
10. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Always Always Always have nude thong underwear with you on a shoot! Cosabella’s is Perfect! Come on Ladies, I’m going broke supplying you with undies! Talco Nude G-String by Cosabella. http://cosabella.com/
11. Same as the guys, ladies need to keep the energy up on long shoots! I love zizzazz because it doesn’t give you the upset stomach most energy drink do, it tastes AMAZING and you don’t have a crash from it! Zizzazz Energy Mix. Comes in four great tasting fruit flavors and is a low calorie, vitamin fortified energy powder which can be eaten straight from the stick like candy or mixed with water to make a great tasting energy drink. As it has less than one gram of sugar, there is no crash that is associated with typical energy drinks. http://zizzazz.com/
12. Take care of your skin when shooting in the sun. I love Ocean Potion because it gives great protection and smells like a yummy Orangesicle! Ocean Potion 50SPF Broad Spectrum Anti-aging Sunscreen. Available at Most Drug Stores. http://www.opotion.com/
13. Most of the time you aren’t allowed to walk distances in the shoes for a shoot. Always have flip flops in your bag to wear to set and give your feet a break from heels! Ladies flip-flop by Havaianas.
I have another great Enter to Win Giveaway for you this week! Some of my Favorite Product lines from above have teamed up with me to give you a jump-start on your Model Bag, or for those who aren’t models some great products!
One lucky reader will win a huge prize pack: Rodial Glam Balm Wipes, a Braun Mobile Shave M-90, Julie Anne’s All Natural Granola, a Variety of Ocean PotionSuncreens, a Cool-it Caddy, a TALCO thong from Cosabella, Zizzazz Energy Mix, and a Shibue Couture Stylist On The Go Kit!
1. click on the comment icon at bottom of this page or at top right of page.
2. Leave a comment (between July 26 and July 31) Telling me how the Model Bag items could help you be “prepared” for any situation.
Good Luck! Keep reading and re-post on your Facebook and Twitter!
(Last weeks winner is : Elizabeth A.! Congrats!!)