It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for a good fragrance. Fragrances tell a story- one of who you are or who you want to be. They convey mood, conjure memories and instantly transport you to exotic locales.
One of my greatest “discoveries” as a blogger has been niche fragrance brand Tiziana Terenzi. The brother sister duo behind a brand and I met a few years ago at an event at Barney’s New York. They captivated me with their ability to seamlessly meld modern with classic. The brand celebrates history while conversely at the same time is somehow completely forward thinking and innovative!
The dynamic Italian duo recently launched a new collection “Sea Stars”. The collection took three years to bring to fruition and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait.
For those that aren’t t familiar with the brand, Paulo Terenzi is a third generation perfumer known for his unconventional compositions whose philosophy is to “compose beauty”. He works only with natural raw materials which he sources personally all around the world. Focusing on 200-300 most precious notes he blends highly complex, sophisticated, rich compositions. Paolo has worked with some of the biggest fashion houses out there to create their fragrances (Gucci, Brioni, Ferragamo) but he and his sister Tiziana created their own signature brand Tiziana Terenzi in 2012.
All of the Tiziana Terenzi fragrances are unisex, in Paolo’s words his scents “Represent life, the emotion, the sentiment, the mood of life, and they have no gender”.
Their facilities in Italy produce using solar power in order to have as little effect on the environment as possible. They believe that you cannot create beauty if you are destroying the environment around it.
Tiziana and Paolo grew up with a passion for the sea. This passion was handed down to them by their Father Evelino, an expert navigator and “Old Sea
The Tiziana Terenzi new Sea Stars Collection is inspired by their families passion for the sea and for sailing.
Each fragrance is an experience whose journey begins with opening the box where you are delighted as you gaze upon the most beautifully crafted bottle I have ever seen. The bottle is revealed by a light inside the box. After you have taken in the beautiful design it’s time to take in the scent.
This mystical fragrance is infused with all the shrouded mystery of its namesake magical star (which is also the name of Paulo’s boat).
- Top Notes: Calabrian Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Hawthorn flower, Bulgarian Rose, Romagna Pear
- Heart Notes: Ambergris, Locride Jasmine, Peruvian Heliotrope, Red Patchouli & Ylang-Ylang
- Base Notes: Ambergris, Musk, Tahiti Vetiver, Mahogany, Tuscan Oak, Cambodian Agarwood & Durmast
Inspired by an ancient sea talisman for good luck, the fragrance embodies the magical power of good luck.
- Top Notes: Lemon of Sorrento, Bergamot of Calabria & Brazilian Orange
- Heart Notes: White Peach, Yellow Peach & Cassis
- Base Notes: Cedar Atlas, Indonesian Patchouli & Indian Sandalwood
A totally captivating scent that embraces the hypnotic aroma of the “flower of sin”, the tuberose. During the Renaissance, young girls were forbidden to smell its narcotic perfume for fear that they should “fall into temptation”. Similarly, the flower was also banned in India where its name, KiRani, means “suitor of the night”.
- Top Notes: Tuberose Absolute, Bergamot, Rose, Passion Fruit
- Heart Notes: Cassis, Redberry, Narcissus, Orris, Orange Blossom, Tuberose
- Base Notes: Musk, Benzoin, Amber
This fragrance is packaged in a bottle of sea water. How cool is that!
From the Italian verb for to luff which means “to move” the bow of a sailing boat towards the direction of the wind.
- Top Notes: Green Apple, Calabrian Mandarin, Red Plum of Romagna, Coconuts, Raspberry, Blackberry Mexican Magnolia & Himalaya Orchid
- Heart Notes: Indian Jasmin, Bulgarian Rose & Lily of the Valley
- Base Notes: Ambergris, Australian Sandalwood, Benzoin, White Musk, Vanilla from Madagascar & Caramel
From the Italian verb for “to rest” which in sailing means to bear away or move the boat away from the direction in which the wind blows.
- Top Notes: Bergamot of Calabria, Lemon of Sorrento, Blood Orange of Siracusa & Yellow Peach
- Heart Notes: Rosemary, Plynesian Ylang-Ylang, Turkish Rose, Green Apple & Passion Fruit
- Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Madagascar & Vanilla
Tiziana Terenzi Sea Stars Collection is Available at Neiman Marcus.
Click below to SHOP the Collection: