Summer temps have finally hit and it’s gettin’ hot out here.
These are the days make me yearn for a tropical island, palm trees swaying, sand under my feet and the smell of salt water in the air but sadly, I don’t think that’s in the cards for most of us any time soon.
The pandemic has put a serious kibosh on most summer beach plans. To quench my thirst for the topics I’m going escape with a little help from Hollywood.
It’s time to don some tropical prints, mix up a cold crisp cocktail (I have a recipe for you at the end of post) and pop on some “make you feel like you are on vacation flicks”.
Filmmakers have used dreamy, remote islands around the world to set the scene for some of the best easy-breezy ‘watch them over and over’ rom-com films. Today I’m sharing my top FIVE.
Escape whatever you need to escape for a few hours with these summer movies that will transport you to a different world—from a trip to the Caribbean with Mathew McConaughey and Kate Hudson to the dreamy Hawaiian Islands with Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler or Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. You can just sit back and take in the gorgeous views, skip the sunscreen and have a few laughs.
Escape to the Tropics with these Rom Com’s
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall- Hawaii is paradise—until your famous ex shows up with her new boyfriend. Jason Segel is at his funniest and most adorable in this endlessly quotable romantic comedy.
- Fools Gold- Clear blue waters, treasure hunting and a rekindling of romance- Alright, alright, alright!
- 50 First Dates- The easy chemistry of Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler makes this one a classic- with a kind of ironic spin on Groundhog’s Day he’s forced to win her over every single day because she’s can’t ever remember last night’s date!
- Just Go With It- Adam Sandler love Hawaii. In this flick Sandler plays a recently heartbroken broken, plastic surgeon Danny Maccabee who pretends to be married so he can enjoy future dates with no strings attached. His web of lies works, but when he meets Palmer (Brooklyn Decker) — the gal of his dreams — she resists involvement. Instead of coming clean, Danny enlists Katherine (Jennifer Aniston), his assistant, to pose as his soon-to-be-ex-wife. Hilarity insues.
- The Wrong Missy- This is a new one (just dropped on NETFLIX)- produced by Adam Sandler’s production company (I told you he loves Hawaii). It may not be for everyone but it’s great for an easy bunch of slapstick laughs. David Spade invites his dream girl to an island resort — but a previous really bad blind date with the same name shows up instead.
What are some of your favorite whisk you away summer movies?