Mercury in Retrograde got you down?
Between the recent Instagram Apocalypse aka new algorithm, Facebook and Twitter both going down, GPS acting wonky, accidentally emailing or texting the wrong person, people arguing over nonsense, everyone complaining, computers crashes, the earthquake and basically a million other weird happenings Mercury in Retrograde is hitting us HARD this time around. She’s angry!
The bad new is that in 2019, Mercury will actually go retrograde three times. The really bad news: it’s retrograde right now and will be until July 31.
What the heck is Mercury in Retrograde? Well, three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. As it rounds the bend, Mercury slows down and appears to stop (station) and spin backward (retrograde). Of course, it really ISN’T moving backward, but much like two trains or cars passing each other, this creates the optical illusion that one (Mercury, in this case) is going backward. Every planet goes retrograde at some point, but Mercury just happens to be best known for it.
In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology—so all of these areas can go haywire for about three weeks. To top it off, Mercury retrograde also has what’s called a “shadow period”, so you may feel the #retroshade a couple of weeks before and after the official Mercury retrograde dates. Great, right?
From July 7-31, messenger planet Mercury will be in this phase traveling retrograde through Leo (beginning July 7) and then in Cancer (beginning July 19). This double movement means we are in for some BIG DRAMA on this Retrograde.
Everything is crazy, yeah bat-shit crazy so what can you do to survive Mercury in Retrograde in style without having a nervous breakdown?
Try not to start anything new. Focus on the prefix re-, which means to go backward (reflect, review, repair, revamp, reassess, redecorate, etc.)
- Rework you closet. Give your closet a good edit. Get rid of pieces that don’t fit, aren’t working for you, etc. I have some tips here. (click)
- Back up your data. BACK….IT…..UP….. your photos, your phone, your computer. Safeguard it all.
- Hold off on those luxury purchases until August 1st. Now is not the time to get that Gucci belt or LV bag. Use this time to comparison shop and find the best deal then purchase after the 31st.
- Buy a durable phone case. You know why.
- Wear the flats. Mercury in retrograde also has an impact on travel and transportation causing delays and breakdowns. Wearing those sky-high stilettos may not be the best choice right now.
- Don’t gossip or trash talk. The person is most likely standing right behind you.
- Double check all text messages and emails before sending- you may be accidentally texting or emailing the wrong person.
- Take a digital lunch break. Remind yourself that everything isn’t digital. Have lunch outside and don’t check your phone while doing it.
- Crystals? Sure why not. If you are in to the power of crystals there are 5 that can help ease you through retrograde: Agate (stabilizing, grounding, supportive), Amazonite (fluidity, good luck, optomistic), Apophyllite (uplifting, joy, purity), Onyx (protection, release, calm) and Aquamarine (soothing and go with the flow). I’ll take all the help I can get so I’ll be shoving these babies in my bra, shoes, bag everywhere.. lol.
The biggest thing you need to remember is that during any Mercury Retrograde cycle, if you’re doing something that begins with “re” such as reassess, revise, revisit, reconnect, redo, recall, resay, refresh, you’re right on track.
I gathered up some of my favorite Mercury in Retrograde Merch to help you survive (or at least laugh) your way through this phase. Click to SHOP