When was the last time you wore a neck scarf?
It was probably when you played Frenchy in your high school production of Grease.
This season neck scarves venture out of the costume realm to become the “IT” Spring Summer 2016 accessory.
Once the staple of flight attendants this tiny piece of fabric boarded the SS16 runways in new and interesting ways.
Dior wrapped scarves around the neck in a choker style adorned with a jewel while Anya Hindmarch wrapped them taught around the neck then softly knotted them to the side and Emporio Armani kept them loose, starched and at attention while playing with pattern.
Whether you want to call it a bandanna, scarf, or neckerchief, it can be a stylish way to accessorize and add some ooooomph to a plain outfit as well as take the place of a statement necklace.
Of course it all comes down to the outfit you are wearing, but here are a few tips:
1. A neck scarf paired with a denim top is always a good idea.
2. Don’t be afraid to play with pattern. Florals go great when paired with stripes, gingham or polka dots.
3. Take cool-girl style to the next level with the accessory your moto jacket never knew it needed.
4. Want to go bold? Try a silk scarf wrapped under a denim shirt with a statement necklace on top.
5. The cowboy drape trend is over. Either use the front neck tie swept to the side or choker style this season.
6. Neck scarves also make great bracelets when wrapped and tied on the wrist!
7. If you are working with a larger scarf try wrapping it around the neck twice then knotting.
8. Go Vintage! This is the perfect opportunity to show off all those vintage scarves you have been holding onto.
9. Hit that groovy 70s trend by pairing a suede A-line skirt with a drapey tank and neck scarf.
10. Wear it tight around the neck or wear it draped loose- silk or a cotton bandanna. It’s all about your personal preference!
Here are a few of my favorites that will have you tied up in style this season: