You asked her father for her hand. You have practiced what you will say. You even made reservations at her favorite restaurant but now the big question….what do you wear?
This is a life defining moment, the biggest decision you will ever make. Please gentleman I beg of you, don’t do it looking like a wolf-man in an old football jersey and sweats!
Lets begin with grooming. From the neck up is just as important as the neck down!
- Get a manicure. Nothing shiny or weird, just clean manicured hands.
- Get a Haircut. Enough said.
- Shave, this is a big moment for you too. Treat yourself to a straight razor shave at a barber or The Art of Shaving. Relax and enjoy.
- Trim nose and ear hairs. When you pop the question you don’t want her staring at stray nose hairs or the monchichi climbing out of your ear.
- Exfoliate your lips. You WILL be doing some kissing and chapped lips are not sexy. Check out my DIY lip treatment recipe: Pucker Up
Now to create the perfect look. Not too dressed up, not too casual, not too flashy. A look that says “I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you”.
Valentine’s day is THE perfect date for a proposal (my hubby popped the big question to me on V-day). Romantic and memorable.
The American Gem Society has put together “The Perfect Proposal Tool Kit” to give you all the tools you’ll need to pop the question this Valentine’s Day.
The Toolkit, available February 1-15, 2013, offers a quirky collection of tips and suggestions for planning the perfect proposal, as well as a contest to win a trip to the newlywed capital of the world, Las Vegas.
You can access the Tool Kit at americangemsociety.org/Groom2B, the online resource offers fun and unique suggestions for traditional and non-traditional proposals, recipes for romantic dinners, a list of the top mistakes to avoid when proposing, proposal trends, and even recommendations on Tweets for those who plan to propose in 140 characters or less.