Every woman should own at least one Little Black Dress.
Whatever your shape or size there is a Little Black Dress for you. Whatever your age or personal style there is a LBD for you.
If EVER there was a “fashion staple” it’s the versatile and iconic Little Black Dress (LBD).
It is your best friend in times of fashion need. A go-to that works equally for a cocktail party, the theater, a night out, a work event, wedding or a business meeting.
A LBD is every woman’s secret weapon. The simple LBD doesn’t conform to trends so it never feels out-dated. It should make you look and feel slimmer, classier, sexier and ready to take on the world.
“A woman without a little black dress has no future.” – Coco Chanel
“O.K. You’ve convinced me. So, how do I choose the perfect LBD for me?” Well I have broken the secret to choosing your perfect LBD down into this quick and easy guide.
CHOOSING the PERFECT Little Black Dress
- It should be BLACK- This may seem obvious but there are some gals out there who think charcoal, dark grey, or a black dress with white accents all qualify, but they don’t. Make sure your dress is stone cold black.
- TIMELESS- a great LBD should be a staple piece that is in style season after season. Think classic not trendy. Don’t buy a black dress that is “so in style this season”, because guess what, next season it won’t be. Can this dress still be worn on a year? Two? Three? Then that is your perfect LBD.
- It needs to be COMFORTABLE. If it’s not comfortable you are not going to wear it. Trust me! Don’t buy one that will be a perfect fit if you loose 10 pounds. Don’t lie to yourself and say you’re going to wear it even though it’s uncomfortable just because it is so cute.
- FABRIC- You don’t want a Little Black dress that is binding. Soft stretchy fabric will move with you. You don’t have to feel suffocated if you had a little bit too much to eat at dinner.
- FIT. The perfect LBD should be effortless. It should fit like it’s an old friend. Flatter your curves, accentuate the positives and minimize the negatives. If you have wide thighs look for a full or A-line style. If you have a slim waist – don’t hide it! If you have great legs wear something tighter and possibly shorter. If you carry weight around your middle look for a shift style dress that skims not clings!
Stylists Tip: Your LBD can take on a multitude of looks by adding accessories. Pop in color with a fun bag or heels. Edge it up with a leather jacket and booties or keep it classic and minimal. The options are endless!
What I’m Wearing: Emilio Pucci Embellished Midi Dress | Mulberry Patent Leather Bag | Donald J. Pliner Leopard Heel | Chloe Butterfly Sunglasses| NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in “Just Push Play” |
Click Below to Shop some of my Top picks in LBD’s: