Black Friday is just around the corner which signals the start of holiday shopping!
With basically the entire world out shopping and looking for “that deal” it can be a bit overwhelming.
To help keep you merry (and sane) this Black Friday and throughout the entire holiday shopping season I’m sharing some pro-shopper insider holiday shopping secrets with you from The Fashion Show.
The first is one of my personal favorite amenities at Fashion Show. Ever park at one end of the mall then finish your shopping at the other and have to trek all the way back loaded down with bags? Fashion Show Mall offers Valet On-Demand. Complementary Valet Parking is offered at Neiman Marcus (both underground and surface level), Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, Nordstrom and at valet circle near TOPSHOP on Fashion Show Drive. This valet parking service allows shoppers to pick up their vehicle at ANY of the location regardless of which one they dropped it off at!
Shopping and a Show! Take a break from shopping, grab a Peppermint Latte and enjoy The Fashion Show’s “belive in the Magic” holiday show on the main stage. Singers, dancers and of course Santa create a Brodway-esc holiday experience complete with snow that would get even the Grinchiest of Grinchs into the holiday mood! Nov. 24, 25, 26. Dec. 2-3, 9-10 and 16-24 at noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm.
Free Gift Wrapping. Here’s another stress saving tip. Fashion Show treats mid-week shoppers to a Wednesday Wrap Up. Every Wednesday Guest Services offers complementary gift wrapping (up to 5 packages per day with receipt dated same day) at the Guest Services desk.
There’s an App for everything and yes there is one for shopping at Fashion Show. Download the GGP Mall app for the ultimate app-sisant to your shopping. The app will help you access the mall’s directory, explore sales and choose the best parking!
Power Up. You will want to keep that smart phone charged. It’s your way to communicate if you get separated from friends and your lifeline to find deals! The Fashion Show has charging stations conveniently located throughout the mall to keep you connected!
Still need more help? Here are a few of my personal tricks for Shopping the Season:
- Don’t pile on all the pressure and stress of trying to do your holiday shopping in one day. Look at the whole season. Retail experts report that the best deals to be had on Black Friday are on cameras, TVs, tablets, major appliances and tools while Cyber Monday offers the best deals on laptops, small appliances, toys and games.
- Plan it Out. Keep a list of who you need gifts for, the amount you want to spend, and any ideas you might have for the gift.
- Shop with Purpose. This is probably the MOST IMPORTANT tip I can give you. Make sure you are buying for someone specific and that it’s something they would really want. Don’t buy something just because it’s a deal. If you shop that way in the end you will be stuck with a bag full of junk and no gifts for anyone. Stick to your list!
- Read the Fine Print. Watch out for those impulse buys (remember you are going to stick to that list right?) and check your merchandise carefully before you swipe that credit card! When the deals are this good, lots of stores and online retailers mark items “final sale.” Make sure to read the fine print—or better yet, make sure you really want what you’re buying—before you do the deed.
- Check that Price and Check it Twice. Make sure to pay attention to signage and prices on tags THEN make sure that is what you are being charged. If there is a sign that says you get another 50% off the already marked down price be sure that the cashier is giving you that deal. You need to be on top of your shopping game because trust me, the cashiers will be tired and overwhelmed.
- Timing. Check what time each store opens and what holiday deals they are offering, both at the actual store and online. There are some retailers allow you to do online shopping as early as two days before Thanksgiving while there are some which start the sale on their website a few hours before they open it on the actual store.
- Dress Comfortable. Leave the heels at home when you plan on pounding the pavement! Sneakers are the way to go.
- Hands Free. Black Friday is done best with a mini backpack or crossbody to keep your hands free for scoring deals!
- Speaking of Friends…Shop with one. Tag Teaming is a way to get through shops quickly and efficiently. On person shops while the other stands in line then switch!
- Shake it Off. There are going to be ALOT of cranky sleep deprived people out. Don’t get into it with anyone, although we have all been tempted no deal is worth getting into a fist fight for, just wish them Happy Holidays and be on your way.
- Enjoy the Season. Grab lunch, have a cocktail and have some fun afterall tis the season. Fashion Show has some GREAT Cocktail spots Happy Hour…
Tag me on your Black Friday hauls on Instagram- I would LOVE to see what you all score!