After what seemed like the longest January in history, with the WORST cold season ever, we have now reached that weird time of year where one minute you need a coat and the next it feels like full-on Spring. It’s enough to give you the Fashion Blues.
I call it that dreaded “in-between” fashion season which often brings with it Seasonal Fashion Depression creating anxiety filled “I have nothing to wear” moments. You know what I’m talking about, we have all felt it and typically resort to a dark, comfy, lackluster, less-than-stylish, uninspired “uniform”consisting of an oversized sweater and leggings.
This is when I like to cozy up to some fashion comfort food and embrace my favorite feel-good pieces while waiting for Spring Fashion to land. There are certain silhouettes and certain styles that go beyond the season, they exist in a timeless fashion bubble that remains chic year after year and are the perfect boost you need for fashion limbo season.
I have FIVE such go-to pieces that are sure to perk up your wardrobe and pull you out of that Seasonal Fashion Depression:
- Denim Jackets. Classic, timeless and totally seasonless they are one of those staple items that will NEVER go out of style. One of the reasons denim jackets are so awesome is because you can wear them with literally anything. They lend a casual easy vibe to a look, work like a boss as a lightweight layering piece without covering up the rest of your outfit and are my go-to when a look feels a bit too stuffy and needs a little edge. Sometimes we need just one piece to change up our look and pull together a whole new outfit from our tried and true pieces. A denim jacket is one of those classic pieces you may already own from previous seasons, or just the piece you need to add for fresh styling ideas.
- Midi Dresses- midi dresses always make me feel chic. They are an effortless put-together all in one way to boost your style plus they hide any extra pounds you may have put on during the holiday months.
- Comfy yet Fashion Forward Boots– With all the walking and long hours on my feet I’ve had at work this winter my feet have been crying out for a little love so I have turned to comfort footwear. I know some of you are rolling your eyes but comfort footwear has come a long way. BORN makes some incredibly chic boots that feel like you are walking on a cloud from heaven. They have saved my feet on long days!
- Chic Scarves. I love a good scarf. It adds a certain effortless glamour to any outfit and there are a million different ways to style one: modern one loops, a bow, turtleneck, infinity loop, waterfall, braid look, European loop, twist, fabulous fashion knot, etc.
- Statement Bags. Nothing perks up a look faster than a great bag.
Click to SHOP My Picks to lift you from your Seasonal Fashion Depression: