I am a sucker for a designer outlet.
Years ago I remember the only outlet shopping to be found was by driving a gazillion miles away, uphill both ways in the snow..LOL- we would plan outlet shopping day-trips- but thankfully now you can find them located conveniently close to home.
Designer Outlets offer past season merchandise, re-issued popular styles from previous seasons using materials the designer already had and pieces that may have been labeled incorrectly or that arrived late to mainline stores and missed their retail window. Some brands even make pieces exclusively for their outlet stores.
Hunting for a good bargain really get’s my Fashionista juices flowing and I get my best deals at The Las Vegas Premium Outlets North.
Nestled close to Downtown Las Vegas and just a hop, skip and jump from The Smith Center, The Las Vegas Premium Outlets North offer over 150 Outlet Shops with designer brands like Ted Baker, ETRO, Kate Spade, Dolce & Gabbana, Anne Fontaine, Burberry and more! I have found some of my most treasured steals there! A fab ETRO bag at a ridiculous 75% off 75% off, a steal of a deal on a Ted Baker suit for my hubby, and a head turning Kate Spade dress for under $100 to name a few.
For the novice outlet shopper navigating the vast terrain of an Outlet Mall can be a bit overwhelming , with Black Friday and the Holiday Shopping season upon us I thought I would share my Savvy Outlet Shopping Tips to help you navigate in style.
Savvy Outlet Shopping Tips
- Coupons. There is NO shame in coupons! Before you go to the outlet, do your research and visit the mall’s customer service center. Many outlets will have coupon books that you can request online or in person. The Las Vegas Premium Outlets offers a online VIP Lounge where you can print coupons and find out about sales before you shop. To join the VIP Lounge Click here .
- Be aware of return policies. Most Designer Outlets do not accept returns. Be aware of these policies before you buy.
- Dress Comfortably. You will be doing TONS of walking, make sure your shoes don’t quit before you score!
- Shop on the Fringe. Once you enter a store shop the outer edges first. Retailers tend to place their bigger markdowns on the perimeter and in the back with the pricier pieces in the center.
- Go Hands Free. Use a cross-body handbag and travel light to keep your hands free for carrying your deals.
- Shop off-season. The best deals to be had are in off season. Purchase swimwear in the winter and outer-wear in the summer.
- Get on mailing lists – Some of the stores have mailing lists and email lists, by signing up for them, I’ve received notifications of special deals that I wouldn’t have known about otherwise.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Make sure you aren’t on a time deadline when heading to an outlet.
- Don’t be afraid to dig. You never know what gems you’ll find in a clearance bin!
- Talk to the sales clerks. Ask them what the best deals in the store are. Last year I scored a $400 pair of Ted Baker boots for $30 simply by asking the clerk what the best deal was! I would have never found them if I hadn’t asked.
Pretty simple right?
Stick with my tips and you’ll be showing off your “Outlet Haul’s” like a pro in no time!
What are your secrets for outlet shopping?
In addition to the already fabulous deals beginning this month The Las Vegas Premium Outlet’s North introduces the Season of Savings:
Thanksgiving Day: 9am-7pm
After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale featuring Midnight Madness:
Fri, Nov 29: Midnight – 10pm
Sat, Nov 30: 8am – 10pm
Sun, Dec 1: 9am – 8pm